Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Change of Pace... (Plus Beautiful Bathrooms!)

Hi everyone!

Sorry for my unexpected leave of absence (especially after I posted for five days in a row last week)! I moved back home, so I am no longer blogging from Wisconsin (insert serious sad face here) but instead from the suburbs of Chicago. I've been busy for the past couple of days unpacking and trying to reduce the amount of boxes sitting in my family's living room - not an easy task! I'm so glad I took the time to majorly clean my room at home earlier this summer; my closet is already pretty full and so is one of my dressers (I have two and I'm trying to keep one empty for the time being!). Woof.

So, I'm hoping to get into the swing of things soon. Being home is weird after being on my own(ish) for the past four years. I'm now able to drive anywhere I want anytime I want, shop at all the stores I wished I could go to while I was school, and I can stay up late watching TV in my living room without worrying about bothering anyone! That being said, I need to hit the grocery store with my mom so we can figure out what I want to have on hand during the week, need to go to the mall to apply for jobs, and need to finish unpacking, reorganizing, and cleaning my room!

While dealing with my room is a major ordeal, I am really concerned with my bathroom situation right now. My mom, sister, and I all share a bathroom. We have two sinks, two cabinets (my mom has the 3 drawers in the middle of the vanity and I think she got the best part of the deal!), and two medicine cabinets. We try to keep everything on the counter to the bare minimum - soap, toothbrushes, a couple of canisters, Kleenex, etc., so most of my things need to go in my under sink cabinet or on my one shelf in the medicine cabinet I share with my sister. I have lot of products from before I went to college, and couple those with the amount of products I had at school... well I have a lot. I think what I need to do right now is a) clean out all of my beauty items and b) buy a drawer system from Bed, Bath & Beyond for under the cabinet to double up on my storage space and divide up hair, body, and face products. I had one of those in one of my apartments and I kick myself every day for not taking it with me when I moved! Anyways, that is what is on my to-do list for this week and to inspire me to get it done, I've hunted down some pretty bathrooms on Pinterest (which was actually difficult because I never pin bathrooms!)!

source
I love the styling of this bathroom! I want to incorporate some beautiful touches into my organization...

source // via
Again, beautiful styling! Our bathroom is black and white with touches of red, so I like the similar color scheme. Devon has a seriously gorgeous home and has amazing style! Check out her blog, Devon Rachel, here.

source // via
This one isn't a bathroom pin per se, but I really like the idea of stacking bins or drawers and then a lazy susan! It would make looking for a particular bottle or tube of product much easier.

source
Okay, I am just obsessed with the blog I Heart Organizing. I really love that it's written by a Wisconsin mom but I also love her style and the fact that she strives to do everything as inexpensively as possible. She has so many innovative ideas - this organizer was made "custom" by the addition of beautiful Kate Spade jewelry boxes! I really like this for storing makeup, but I don't know if it is the most feasible option for me in this space. I kept all of my makeup in a tray in my apartment and I really liked having everything out when I needed it, so we'll see if I can work that in somehow!

Have a great Wednesday!

xx, Amy

PS. I've recently gotten back into Tumblr in a major way... follow me on Tumblr, Twitter, and Instagram for more updates! 

1 comment:

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I wish I had enough room for bathrooms like these!


P.S. I'm giving away 5 sponsor spots this week on my blog and I'd love for you to come and enter!