Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans Link Up

When my boyfriend and I first started dating, one of our first jokes was the word "shenanigans" because it's a word I use on a daily basis. He always uses "shenanigans" in coversations with his friends, family, and coworkers and he tells me every time he says it, they all look at him like he's crazy. With my friends, it's totally normal. Ha ha! Anyways, I couldn't resist this link up by Sami of Sami's Shenanigans!


Friday: Woke up early and went to yoga and the gym with my friend Anna. I slept through my workout on Thursday (oops) so I wanted to make up for it - only three weeks till spring break, ugh! yay! (?) After we worked out we went on a little adventure off campus to Target... and by adventure I mean we used the city buses, which I have been reluctant to use for the past oh, FOUR YEARS of college (okay, 3.5 years but who's counting). I have sworn that I will never use the bus again unless I'm going with her because knowing me I would get lost and end up walking back to campus. Yikes. Back to Target - it was a true test for my Lenten shopping ban. I saw adorable espadrilles, cute bikinis, and an awesome pair of cropped pants - they were almost identical to the J.Crew Minnie pant but in a light coral-y/salmon color, and $7. I almost couldn't resist. They were the only pair and in my size. Thankfully, I resisted and instead devoted my shopping to buying lots of good-for-me foods. Only one box of mac & cheese made it into my cart, which was cray. I only did it to save myself the quarter when I would want to buy it on campus (it's Lent! I need meat free foods for Fridays!). Fast forward to the evening - the boyfriend came to town and we hit up a local fish fry, which seems to be turning into our Friday tradition (I don't hate it. My family doesn't do fish frys. Blame it on a picky sister and father).  After that, we decided to head out for a couple drinks with friends from out of town.... and that quickly turned into a couple more drinks than we were planning on. Oops.

Saturday: I had to get up way too early to open the store I work at. It was a slooooow sales day, most of which I spent trying to brainstorm ways to get more shoppers in the store for spring break clothes! Highlight of my day was stopping at a coffeehouse to get a snack on my break. I had the most delish raspberry cream cheese croissant and coffee that was surprisingly better than I anticipated - while I was sold on this spot for snacks and a bite to eat, the coffee was good enough (and cheap enough) that I'm going to start making it a study spot. Yum. After work, I came home and relaxed for a while before going out to eat with my roommates. Burgers and a sampler basket of deep fried goodies was probably not the best idea for a spring break body, but it was definitely delicious and fun. Once we got home we decided to have a movie night and watched Taken 2 and Flight. Flight was good - terrifying at the beginning, but so good in the end.

Sunday: Another chill day. I woke up and the sun was shining, a nice change from the cold and clouds. I did a lot of reorganizing and cleaning up on my Pinterest, watched an episode or two of Smash and Nikita, and tidied up my room. My boyfriend stopped by after work and we went out to dinner (Buffalo Wild Wings, you are delicious but not helpful to my spring break body). Someone ended up falling asleep promptly after dinner and I took some time to catch up on J.Crew's spring offerings... I'm proud to say I was only minimally tempted to add some things to my shopping cart, but hopefully anything I want will still be available later in the month for my birthday!

So - all in all I suppose my weekend wasn't the most productive, but it was enjoyable. Next weekend will be interesting because I'm going to be accompanying my boyfriend to an event in his field of work.... to say I am completely uneducated in the area is an understatement. More to come next week! :)

2 comments:

Michaela Quigley said...

Hey! I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog! I nominated you for the Liebster Award! For more details see my blogpost.

shorelifeofm.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

Jordon said...

Hello! Thank you for stopping by my blog! I tried to reply back to you, but it said you were a non-reply comment blogger. I am not sure if you want to fix this or not, but if so go to edit your blogger profile and click "show my email address".. That way we can respond back to your comments!