Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer Whites + A Pop of Color

Hey everyone!

Since I have been traveling so much this summer, I've tried to pack and wear outfits that give me a lot of style for not a lot of space in my bag. Everywhere I go, I pack my denim shorts from Old Navy, some basic white tees from J.Crew, classic accessories, and simple shoes. Since the same few items get a little bit repetitive, I've been picking up white tops with special details like eyelet or cutouts and pairing them with some statement jewelry. It's easy to forget to pack and wear jewelry, so I make sure to leave it out where I can see it and remember to put it on! I also don't pack anything too elaborate, so it's often a leopard print bangle, a colorful cuff, or a bubble necklace that I can throw on with any outfit and make it a little more special.

Below is an outfit I wore to work last weekend! I love this eyelet top - I bought it right after I cut my hair earlier this summer when I found out I could pull off some outfits I wouldn't wear with long hair! It's super lightweight and doesn't require an extra tank underneath (a godsend in hot weather), plus the eyelet detail makes it special. I threw on a bubble necklace for a quick burst of color, and I was all set to go!
Summer Whites + A Pop of Color


Here's a quickie photo I snapped with my iPhone when I got done with work for the day (hence my bedraggled state) to upload onto Instagram! 



Like this top? Pick it up from JCPenney for $22!

xx, Amy

No comments: