Friday, October 11, 2013

Current Beauty Favorites

Happy Friday everyone!

Since I've been traveling and working a lot lately, I've had the opportunity to really wear makeup and really see how it works for me. I rarely get super excited about a product and when I do, I have to share! These are some products I have been loving lately and what I think about them.
Current Beauty Favorites



Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Party Starter. I sampled this lipgloss at Sephora after seeing it on Gal Meets Glam. I think Julia is a) stunning and b) has great taste so I really wanted to check out this gloss. I'm kind of obsessed! It's a bright coral color but is still very sheer so it doesn't scream "coral lip product" - a must for me while I'm working! I have to stick with understated, natural makeup and this gives my lips a pop without major color or tons of reapplication. It is a little bit sticky but it isn't a big deal for me while I'm working. Plus, I love the minty scent (bonus!)! 

L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation. I picked this foundation up at the drugstore en route to my boyfriend's birthday celebrations simply because I was so unsatisfied with the foundation I was using at the time (both because of the color and the actual product). I had heard it was good from some YouTube videos I had watched so I decided to give it a try (it was only $11 and what did I have to lose?) and it turns out that I love it! It has buildable coverage so I can make it as sheer or as full-coverage as I want and I love the matte finish it has. My skin literally looks perfect and super smooth after I apply it! What really sold me on this foundation is that after wearing it for a few hours, I don't feel super slick - it seems to soak up oil and stay matte throughout the day! There is also very little color transfer with this product, so I'm not leaving traces of foundation on my collar or hands throughout the day. 

Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Trendsetter. Along with understated makeup for work, I can't sport any other nail polish besides a neutral. No reds, no Lincoln Park After Dark, no glitter! So where can I experiment? Subtle lipsticks. I couldn't tell you what drew me to this lipstick in the drugstore but I do know what I love about it - the fact that it goes on like a balm and has the most perfect berry color for fall. I layered it with some plain lip balm for moisture and subtle shine (it's a matte longwearing lipstick, of course I'll need some moisture!) and everyone at work was complimenting me on the color! It's a little bit edgy for me but still works so I'm excited to wear this more as the fall goes on. 

L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm. I saw this first on a YouTube video by beauty guru MeghanRosette and then heard about the product line from my sister (who has long, thick, crazy, curly hair). I got some trial sizes of the Total 5 shampoo and conditioner and was seriously impressed with how soft my hair was after using them! Since I have a lot of my current shampoo and conditioner left, I decided to hold off on buying all new bottles - but I did pick up this deep conditioner to supplement what I have now. My hair feels so silky soft! 

I posted a photo of the L'Oreal foundation on my Instagram a few weeks ago - I post a lot of quickie updates on my favorite products there so if you'd like more frequent updates like that, follow me

Hope you all have a great weekend! Let me know below what beauty products you are loving right now!

xx, Amy

No comments: