Friday, September 6, 2013

FRIDAY!!!

Hi everyone!

Happy, happy, happy Friday! I am so excited for today - not only have I gotten a lot done this week, but I get to head up to my alma mater to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and go to a Badger game! Pinch me, because I am pretty much still convinced that I am dreaming.

Plans for the weekend: dinner with his best friends, hitting the bars, waking up bright and early to dress ourselves in RED and tailgate before the game, heading back to Camp Randall for the game, and then dinner, just him and I, followed by a birthday cake baked and frosted by me. Oh, and his present, which I am all sorts of excited for! Not sure that it's anything "special", but I like getting to buy things for the people I love so I'm excited just to give him his gift.

I am so excited for this weekend. I feel like it is the cap on a productive and fun week for me. This week has just seemed so sunny. Maybe it's because I've been in a good mood, eating well, and getting things done, or maybe because it's cooled off enough to turn off the AC and open the windows! I am savoring every last bit of summer that I can - windows down on a sunny day, walking outside barefoot, iced coffee that is not flavored with pumpkin, and light perfumes. I think being in the moment and enjoying the now has really helped me be productive this week. It's kind of like why not go out and get a cup of coffee (um, it's only $1 at Dunkin! How can I pass that up?) and drive around with the windows down? Or why not clean up this drawer I've been meaning to get to for the past four years (because I certainly have the time now)? I'm not sure what it is but I need to a) take advantage of it while it lasts or b) make it a permanent state of mind.

(However, it's a bit ironic that after getting so much cleaning and organizing done this week, I'm leaving piles of stuff that needs to be put away out since I am leaving town and won't be around this weekend. Oh well.)

Also - I have officially signed up for my first race! I am running a 5K in November (my mom is running the 15K... maybe one day we will actually be running together) and I'm kind of excited. I've never been a runner and recently not very physically active so I need to get my booty in training. Stay tuned for progress...

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

xx, Amy

No comments: