Monday, September 16, 2013

Blogger/Life Help: What Do You Do?

Hi everyone!

Sorry again for my long, long absence. I was honestly on a roll last week with things at home and while I was getting all of my things cleaned up, my brain has just been getting more and more cluttered! I'm hoping to really crank things out in the middle of this week so I can sit down and really let myself pick through my own brain, if that makes any sense...

The good news is that all of my stuff at home is looking way, way more tidy! I have donated so much stuff to charity and have put aside tons of stuff to sell on Poshmark and through my "Shop My Closet" page at the top of my blog. There's just so much more space in my room now, and I am loving it. BUT! That isn't even the best news!

I got a..... JOB!

Well, not a full time 9-5 job, but a job working part time at a particular store that is a favorite of mine ;)

Anyways, I'm really excited about it. I worked yesterday and it was amazing to be back. It's nice to have a clean slate and only be working with a few people that I've worked with in the past. I miss my old coworkers but I am excited to get to know the new staff. Plus I was super close to hitting my sales goal yesterday in the three hours that I was on the sales floor so I am feeling pretty great about that! I'm also enjoying the challenge of not buying everything I want because I "want" it or because it's a crazy good deal with my discount. I am really focusing on what will work in my wardrobe and what I will get a lot of use out of so I am sticking to a very curated list of items as my wishlist. Being in the store only reaffirmed those items, but I did see some jewels not featured online that I am loving. Must.... resist...

Also, I'm hoping to be more regular about posting my work outfits! I can't promise I will wear anything interesting if I'm not going to work, but maybe I'll get into a regular outfit posting schedule too (which was my original plan for this blog.... can you tell my brain is full??)!

The less great news is that I'm missing my boyfriend and I know he's missing me too. We're now going to be about seven hours apart - he got a new job that moves him farther up north. He's really excited about it (I am excited too!) but we are really going to have to figure out a schedule to see each other so the "long distance" isn't as rough. So if anyone has any advice on the subject of long distance, I would love to hear it! (Note: We are hoping for the situation to be temporary, only a few months apart, but anything to make it pass more quickly is greatly appreciated!)

LAST THING: 

If you are reading this, no matter who you are (subscriber or someone who happened across my page via a Google search), please help me out! I am wondering how my fellow bloggers have their social media set up. What platforms do you have separate (blog vs. personal, etc)? I am mostly concerned with my Google + page - it is currently linked to my full name, but I kind of want to change it to a blog page (if it's even possible? I wanted a new Blogger account for my blog email but I'm just sort of confused on how to keep things separate... ugh) or revert back to a Blogger account. I'm just kind of wondering what people do and how they do it because I feel like I'm wandering and not being very cohesive. HELP!

That's it for now - please help me out by letting me know how you organize your social media!

xx, Amy

2 comments:

Hill said...

I was trying to find a good way to separate my blog and personal profiles too. I didn't really want my personal blog popping up in a Google search of my name. What I finally did was just change the visual email address in my Blogger profile to a blog specific one and then have all post comments sent to this same email address. I still log-in with my personal account, but my blog doesn't show up when you search my name anymore, so it did the trick for me.

Laura Darling said...

Congrats on the new job!!! That is great news!